---------Career and Academic Counselling--------
Walk-Ins are welcome. Appointments can be made by contacting me at email@example.com
Please speak to Miss Meurs to sign up! Spaces are limited
Lethbridge College Open House
Saturday, February 9, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Lethbridge College Centre Core
- Take a tour of the campus.
- Speak with a faculty member or a representative from an academic area of interest.
- Explore a wide range of academic programs, student services, and student activities and organizations.
- Visit interactive program areas.
- Apply on the spot - applications will be accepted, and the application fee will be waived to those who apply in person that day.
- Prospective students in Grades 10-12 (or graduated) who register and attend Open House are entered into a draw for a $1,500 tuition credit!
Registration for Open House is open for students looking to register individually.
Olds College Preview Days
Each day includes a guided campus tour, complimentary lunch & parking, program information sessions with staff and faculty and the opportunity to hear from current students. These informative campus visits typically run from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Equine Preview Day - February 1, 2019
Animal Science Preview Day - February 8, 2019
Business, Hospitality & Brew Preview Day - March 1, 2019
Fashion Preview Day - March 7, 2019
Agriculture & Trades Preview Day - March 22, 2019
Horticulture & Land Preview Day - April 5, 2019
Maclean's 2019 University Rankings
TD Community Leadership Scholarship
* Up to $70,000
- Have demonstrated community leadership
- Are in the final year of high school (outside Quebec) or CEGEP (in Quebec)
- Have a minimum overall grade average of 75% in their most recently completed school year
Apply by November 16, 2018
Terry Fox Humanitarian Award
Deadline: Feb. 1, 2019
Terry Fox Humanitarian Awards are open to students of all abilities.
To be considered for the Award, applicants must meet be:
- In good academic standing.
- Canadian citizens or landed immigrants.
- Students graduating from secondary (high) school or students completing their first year of CÉGEP or students who have completed secondary (high) school
- Involved in voluntary humanitarian activities (for which they have not been compensated).
- Planning to or are already studying towards their first university degree or diploma at a Canadian post-secondary institution, or entering their 2nd year of CÉGEP in the upcoming academic year.
Terry Fox Award Recipients are eligible to receive the Award until they graduate with their first university degree or diploma (for a maximum of four years), provided they maintain satisfactory academic standing and a standard of humanitarian work and personal conduct which, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, justifies the award.
Applicants must provide three (3) referees and upload online an (un)official transcript detailing the applicant’s last two years of schooling (official transcripts, sealed by the issuing institution will be requested from applicants who are selected for an interview). Referees will be emailed a link requesting they complete an online Referee Form on behalf of the applicant.
The online application, including all the accompanying documents, must be completed and submitted online by the deadline – before midnight. Applications and all documentation (including Referee Forms and unofficial transcripts) received after that date will not be considered, nor will they be held over for the next year.
2019 Open House Scedule
University of Lethbridge - Saturday, February 2, 2019 | 10:00am - 3:00pm (Lethbridge)
Lethbridge College - Saturday, February 9, 2019 | 10:00am-2:00pm (Lethbdridge)
St. Mary's University - Saturday, February 9, 2019 / Wednesday, May 15, 2019 | 10:00am-3:00pm (Calgary)
Ambrose University - Wednesday, February 14, 2019 | 4:00-7:00pm (Calgary)
Kings University - Saturday, March 2, 2019 | 10:00am-2:00pm (Edmonton)
Prairie Bible College - Friday, March 8, 2019 / April 6, 2019 | 10:00am - 3:00pm (Three Hills)
Some schools offer scholarships and/or other perks for applying early. Please see the attached document(s) for application deadlines at the main Alberta colleges and universities.
Also note that some programs have specific deadlines different to the rest of the institute. Please research your desired program and do not hesitate to ask questions!
The Alberta and Canada governments provide student loans and grants to help you reach your post-secondary educational goals.
When you apply as a full-time student, you are considered for both Alberta and Canada student loans and grants. Financial assistance is also available for students studying part-time.
Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
Purpose: To recognize and reward academic achievement at the senior high school level and to encourage students to pursue post-secondary studies.
Value: Up to $2500
Eligibility: Apply once your final official high school transcript marks are available and when you are enrolled in full-time post-secondary studies. Anyone with averages of 75% or higher in any of Grade 10, 11 and 12 will recieve the scholarship. Make you sure you apply!
ApplyAlberta is an online application and transcript system that anyone can use to apply to undergraduate programs at one or more of Alberta's public post-secondary institutions.