Hello Grade 9 students! We are looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!
This year, is off to quite a different start than any other, and we are trying to streamline this new and unknown process so that tomorrow will be a smooth day for you.
Please arrive at KA between 8:15 – 8:30 am. Tables will be set up outside, alphabetically according to LAST NAME. Please go to the appropriate table, where teachers will give you your masks and your schedule. Teachers will then be there to help you get to where you need to be.
Once everyone is in their classrooms, teachers and administration will be reviewing new processes and procedures with students. Students (who have paid their basic school fees) will receive their text books and then proceed for the day with regular scheduled classes.
Grade 9 students will then return on Wednesday, September 9th, when regular classes resume with the rest of the grades.
If you have a mask, please wear it when you come tomorrow, and please try to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from others whenever possible. We realize that there are going to be trials and tribulations as we adjust to the “new normal” of school this year. We just ask that everyone try to be as flexible as possible as we try to work through all of the new situations that arise.
We are really looking forward to getting to know you over the coming months. Welcome to Kate Andrews High School.
If you would like to register for online classes through PBB please visit: https://www.palliserbeyondborders.com/ and complete the survey at the appropriate link.
Please screen for COVID-19 symptoms every morning. Check every morning to see if your child has any of these symptoms. If yes, they must stay home:
- Fever, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, sore throat, chills, painful swallowing
- Runny nose/nasal congestion, feeling unwell/fatigued, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, unexplained loss of appetite
- Loss of sense of taste or smell, muscle/joint aches, headache, Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye)
Students, parents or visitors must not enter school if they:
- Feel sick or have symptoms of COVID-19
- Had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Had close contact with a symptomatic close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Have traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
A student showing COVID-19 symptoms whose symptoms may resemble a minor cold, allergies, or other pre-existing medical conditions that cause similar symptoms should get at least one negative COVID-19 test result before returning to school.
For more information, please see the Alberta COVID-19 Parent’s Guide 2020-21 School Year.